Time frame for the built in HUD?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby omaha » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:32 am

Any ideas on when the built in hud will be added?

A week or two, a month or two?

I assume it will be in alpha prior to the commercial release ? (i assume that the commercial release will have the hud included?)

Sorry if i sound impatient!
omaha
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby janne_oksanen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:53 am

This is what Josh said in his post announcing the Beta 6 release:
[quotevz7]If this beta doesn't have any major problems, the next beta should have the initial (rough) version of the HUD. Please do not be expecting a fully featured HUD. We're sticking with our "build a solid foundation" philosophy. The initial HUD release will be just the basics, and once that gets stabilized, we'll be adding more features quickly.[/quotevz7]

That was about 2.5 weeks ago, so I'm expecting the next beta fairly soon.
janne_oksanen
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:58 am

The Hud isn't ready for public use. Personally, I'm a little tired of hearing people complain because PT3 doesn't do this or it doesn't do that. We know what features PT3 are missing and plan to add them. Some people just don't understand the concept of "beta software" and expect a fully functioning and debugged application. So I've decided to re-release Beta 6 with an extended expiration date and work on making the Hud a little more feature complete before releasing it into beta.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby janne_oksanen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:49 am

Clueless people complaining about missing features and lack of stability is the price you pay for free labor, I guess. :D

I think the level of interest is a healthy sign, although I can see it getting tiresome especially after some delays in the release schedule. You keep working on that code and we'll keep testing it!
janne_oksanen
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby AkaFlash » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:17 pm

silly people complaining about FREE software (for now) that helps you make money. interesting. I'm waiting for the HUD as well, but in the mean time refer to AHK hud (which i'm still trying to figure out how to work)
AkaFlash
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby MacAnthony » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm

[quote="Josh"vv1]The Hud isn't ready for public use. Personally, I'm a little tired of hearing people complain because PT3 doesn't do this or it doesn't do that. We know what features PT3 are missing and plan to add them. Some people just don't understand the concept of "beta software" and expect a fully functioning and debugged application. So I've decided to re-release Beta 6 with an extended expiration date and work on making the Hud a little more feature complete before releasing it into beta.[/quotevv1]

I appreciate the effort you guys are putting in, but I think you are misjudging the anticipation as complaints. People get anxious and especially when expectations get set (timelines from previous betas) even if they are meant as good faith estimates and not hard dates, peoples' curiosity gets the best of them. I think it's more similar to kids anxious for christmas morning than it is spoiled brats demanding more. I know that's been the case for me.

Trying to be patient,
Anthony
MacAnthony
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby kmver » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:27 pm

I'am in no hurry, rather see them take there time. So it gets release early and problems everybody jumps all over it because it will not work like it should.
Keep up the good work Guys. Still working my way through PT3.
kmver
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:01 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby omaha » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:58 am

OOps, i didnt mean to let the fox loose in the henhouse!

Seriously, i was only wondering when it would be added as a matter of interest. Yes, i know it will be ready when it is ready, and my question was meant to be one of information gathering, as opposed to whinging. Yes, as another poster wrote, its the anticipation. Will my old pt2 db i was not able to use pahud because of the size of the db, whereas i should be able to do it with pt3, and a much bigger db!
omaha
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby Josh » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:28 am

Sorry if my post came off as being directed towards you. That wasn't my intention. I know most of you understand this is beta software. I was talking about the smaller group of people who don't seem to grasp that concept.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Time frame for the built in HUD?

Postby omaha » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 pm

No offense taken! I know you are all working vvvvvv hard behind the scenes!
omaha
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests