Auto Rate

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Auto Rate

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:56 pm

I've search the forum for info on the auto rate feature and this really seems to be a lost function. I've played with the default settings and was interested to see the icons appear in the HUD. However, I find no mechanism to substantially change the rules within the function. For instance, let's say I'm a real nit and only want 4 rules to apply to everyone... how do I remove the other 10 rules within the auto rate function? Is it possible to create an entirely new rule set... if so, can you point me to a tutorial/thread?

How is auto rate implemented in the upcoming PT4?
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Auto Rate

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 am

Auto Rate isn't something I've used personally, but it's certainly possible to completely change the rules. You can add and remove rules for each icon using the green + and red - icons, and/or change the range of values for each stat. If you only want to use 4 icon you can remove the rules for the others.
Details of Auto Rate functionality in PT4 haven't been released or finalized yet so if there is anything you'd like to suggest or request please let us know.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Auto Rate

Postby PJs Ronin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Ok, my bad. The logic flow for this function was not readily apparent to me but once I stopped relying on Jack for assistance it started making sense.

I use this function as a quick aide-mémoire as occasionally numbers can get lost in the mix. It's a bit like being at a table and having Doyle Brunson sit down next to you. You're pretty sure his stats are good but they may also be exactly the same (vpip/pfr wise) as the clown shoving next weeks rent into the pot on a gutshot whim and a prayer. It's the fact that it's Doyle that gives you pause. This is the way I use the auto rate feature.

As to PT4, I would hope that a better implementation of auto rate is achieved. Hell, it could be something as simple as changing the HUD data background colour based on a stat like bb/100
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Auto Rate

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:14 am

If that's how you want to use it then the rules won't give you that effect as the rules are based purely on the numbers. To use it like that you'll need to change the icons manually, which you can do on the General tab once the player is selected.
I will remind the development team about the request for stat value-based background colours, but again that sounds like a numeric effect - there will be more control over notes in PT4 so you should be able to mark players somehow although details haven't been finalized yet.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Auto Rate

Postby RiverOfJustice » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 am

You should consider the auto rate rules at crushthegame.com. He uses the auto rate extensively, and he also has a seriously awesome hud layout available.
RiverOfJustice
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Auto Rate

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 am

Are his rules publicly available?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests