Beginners guide to PT3 Super Turbo STT

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginners guide to PT3 Super Turbo STT

Postby DenHeldert » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi all.
Ive been playing online poker for about 3 years now. Usually Super Turbo STT at Tilt,
~$2 buyin. Sometimes like $11 and sometimes a MTT.
I started just for plain fun, usually only when drunk, and did not care losing money.
Just did not care. End of story.

Now Full Tilt is closed and all, I started looking for a place to go and with that I stumbled upon PT3.
So far so good. I now try to actually apply stats and odds to be a winning player.
I know about position, hand rankings, VPIP and that sort of basic variables,
but no need to mention that the amount of data PT3 spits out is without a doubt useful, but also very
overwhelming for one who does not know how to actually interprete it all.

I looked into the beginners guides as mentioned in this topic but it just doesn't seems to "fit"
for one who plays STT's, Super Turbo in perticular. It`s just hard to get into the matter when one cant follow
the whole process becaulse it seems to apply only to cash games.

So to wrap up:
How do I start using PT3 for Super Turbo STT's without even knowing how to interprete the data,
identify my leaks and actually know how to adjust my game?



Hope this topic will be the end of my fish status LOL.
DenHeldert
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Beginners guide to PT3 Super Turbo STT

Postby DenHeldert » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 pm

edit: just had my first revelation.
After reading this (some parts like 5 times) I think I fully understand that concept now.
How do I show my preflop EV against a predicted hand range in my HUD? I think it would be most useful when playing Super Turbo STT.
DenHeldert
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Beginners guide to PT3 Super Turbo STT

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 pm

DenHeldert wrote:edit: just had my first revelation.
After reading this (some parts like 5 times) I think I fully understand that concept now.
How do I show my preflop EV against a predicted hand range in my HUD? I think it would be most useful when playing Super Turbo STT.

You can't do that kind of thing in PT3 - that would be heading towards giving playing advise in specific situations, which isn't allowed by most sites.

I'm not a big tournament player myself so I can't really give you any specific advice but you may find some good discussions in strategy forums like 2+2.
If you have questions about any specific stats or reports, or any other part of PT3 I'll be happy to answer them, but my playing advice would likely set you back rather than help you! :(
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beginners guide to PT3 Super Turbo STT

Postby DenHeldert » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

You can't do that kind of thing in PT3 - that would be heading towards giving playing advise in specific situations, which isn't allowed by most sites.

- Does a winning player need to be able to this these calculations (multiway pots :shock: ) instantly by themselves?
Unless being an idiot savant, this seems kinda... tedious at least.

If you have questions about any specific stats or reports, or any other part of PT3 I'll be happy to answer them

- Which sections are the upmost important in understanding and plugging leaks when playing (Super Turbo) STT's?

but my playing advice would likely set you back rather than help you

LOL
Graph? I doubt it would be more red and downwards than mine.
DenHeldert
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Beginners guide to PT3 Super Turbo STT

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 pm

I don't have a graph of tournament results - at least not a very busy one. I really don't play many tournaments personally.
Sorry I can't be more help with that - maybe some other users can offer something, but there are many other forums where you can get strategy advice.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests