Page 1 of 2
Another problem on first install

Posted:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:27 pm
by jaminbird
PT3 isn't recognizing that I have PostgreSQL installed. Every time I start it is says "PokerTracker cannot operate without PostgrSQL"
What I have tried so far that didn't work. I uninstalled PostgreSQL and allowed PT3 to reinstall it (I backed up all my data first). I also tried deactivating my firewall, in case that was preventing it from connecting locally to the database. I am running vista if it matters.
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:38 pm
by Josh
It doesn't bring up a window like this:
[img9qo]http://www.pokertracker3.com/templates/products/PT3/docs/images/install_screen_4.png[/img9qo]
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:38 pm
by Josh
Also make sure you are running PT3 as Admin.
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:41 pm
by jaminbird
I am running it as admin, no it didn't bring up that screen.
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:42 pm
by Josh
Odd. Did it ask you if it should install PostgreSQL for you?
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:39 am
by jaminbird
Yeah, when i downloaded the postgreSQL version of PT3 then it would ask me to install it on startup. As i said, I uninstalled my original installation of postgres and allowed PT3 to reinstall it but it still gives me the same error and acts as if postgreSQL is not installed.
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:12 am
by Josh
Open the C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Config\PokerTracker.cfg file and paste the contents here.
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:48 pm
by jaminbird
[code8d6][WindowInfo]
[General]
Logging=Y
[Import]
BeepOnCompletion=Y
ClusterOnCompletion=Y
[Database]
Default.Postgres.Server=localhost
Default.Postgres.Port=5432
Default.Postgres.User=postgres
Default.Postgres.Password=******
[ReportInfo]
[HandReplayer]
[/code8d6]
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:03 pm
by Josh
It looks like PT3 has your db settings. Is it still saying that PT3 requires PostgreSQL to run?
Re: Another problem on first install

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:16 pm
by jaminbird
Yeah I am still getting this every time I try and start PT3.
[imgutn]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3/pt3zy8.jpg[/imgutn]