Page 1 of 2
Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:36 am
by kcannon
When I click the Convert PT2 database over to PT3, it doesnt show up??? what can I do
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:46 am
by kcannon
daveeee?
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:57 am
by APerfect10
I replied to your post in the other thread....copy/paste.
Is your PokerTracker 2 database an Access database or PostgreSQL database? Currently the conversion only works with PostgreSQL.
If it is an access database, export your hand histories to files then import them into PokerTracker 3 using the manual import.
Best regards,
Derek
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:03 am
by kcannon
How can I tell which database I am using on PT2?
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:17 am
by kcannon
I see you can convert the database to PostSQL but when I fill out the settings what do I put for ODBC entry to use?
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:58 am
by APerfect10
[quote="kcannon"451]I see you can convert the database to PostSQL but when I fill out the settings what do I put for ODBC entry to use?[/quote451]
In PT2? PostgreSQL Unicode.
-AP10
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:28 pm
by kcannon
It says my pw is wrong when I put in pati, I have no clue what it could be, what can I do?
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:31 pm
by Josh
Go Start->Program Files->PostgreSQL 8.2->Configuration Files->Edit pg_hba.conf
At the bottom of the file change the method from "md5" to "trust". Restart your computer and it should work.
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 pm
by Tilty
Will we be able to convert the Access database into PT3 some time in the future?
Re: Converting PT2 Database

Posted:
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:22 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="Tilty"3y5]Will we be able to convert the Access database into PT3 some time in the future?[/quote3y5]
Yes, we did not have enough time to get this implemented for the scheduled first beta release. It will be added shortly...
-AP10