Error Message??

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Error Message??

Postby BigErf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:31 am

I think that did it. PT3 launches without that message.. whew.

So you're saying that when postgre is set on automatic startup, my computer isn't allowing this to happen when I first turn it on. But by switching postgre to manual this allows my initial computer startup to take place without affecting postgre, and therefore PT3 is what "manual" starts it..? Interesting.

If I dare ask, I'm still curious about how to delete an old database. During uninstall of postgre I decided to start over with a new db, but at the time I couldn't actually delete my current one because I didn't have another one to set as active.. so I just removed it. But there was a message saying that "Removing a database does not delete it. It only removes it from PokerTrackers settings." Now that I created a new db I know that somewhere out there is the contents of my old one and I would like to clear it from my computer. I guess it's not really important but if I'm not using it I'd like to have it off of my computer.

Thanks again for all the help!
BigErf
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Error Message??

Postby kraada » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 pm

You can find and delete the database using pgadmin3. Click Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> PGAdmin III. Double click to connect to PostgreSQL, right click on the database you want to delete and click Delete/Drop. NOTE once you do this, it cannot be undone, so do be certain you want to do it before you do.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests