copying a database

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

copying a database

Postby tlukasha » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:45 am

hi, i am looking to copy a pt3 (large 1mill + hands) from an xp pc, to a new vista machine. What is the procedure for doing this to ensure i also move my hud and reports? Thanks
tlukasha
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: copying a database

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:45 am

To move your data, backup your database as explained in the Database/Postgres FAQ and restore it on the new machine once you've installed PostgreSQL there.

The other files you want to copy over are:
C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Layouts.pt3 - This one is your HUD layout.
C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\StatsDefinitionsCustomized.pt3 - This is your custom stats.
C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\ReportsDefinitionsCustomized.pt3 - These are your custom reports.
C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Config\Buddies.cfg - This is your buddy list.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: copying a database

Postby Slayer_pol » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:38 am

Hello

I have exactly same problem, so I will write it in this topic.

Unlucky my old computer doesnt exist anymore, but I had enough time to copy some folders. I copied PokerTracker3 folder and PostgreSQL/8.3 folder and I hope it will be enough ?

I still cant do this part, or Im doing it wrong (cannot connect to database error) :

kraada wrote:To move your data, backup your database as explained in the Database/Postgres FAQ and restore it on the new machine once you've installed PostgreSQL there.


If you could explain it step by step what to do, becouse there is a lot of stuff in this link and maybe I just try to do wrong things.
Slayer_pol
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Re: copying a database

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:11 am

I presumed your old computer was still around.

If you have the PostgreSQL/8.3 directory you may be able to recover your data, though it might depend on the state your computer was in when you were copying the data over.

Make another copy of the file putting it in C:\Program Files\ of the computer you want to restore to.

So now you have a C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 directory that contains all of the appropriate subdirectories.

Then follow the directions of this PDF to reinstall PostgreSQL on your machine; pretend like you just uninstalled it and just follow the reinstallation part and it should work properly.

This part of the Postgres FAQ that I linked explains how to backup a PostgreSQL database. Which part of it confuses you?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests