S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby NandoSpain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Hello... I dont know what to do more to try to install postgresql in my computer. i got a mistake...

I dont know whats going on...Can anybody help me please?

This is the video i did to show which is my problem in the installation...

http://www.almadepoker.com/postgres/postgres.html


thank you.

Fernando Rueda.
[email protected]
NandoSpain
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Please follow the steps in this guide which will walk you through a re-installation.
How to reinstall Postgres

You need to set up the specific user 'postgres', that is what PT3 uses.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby NandoSpain » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 am

Hello WhiteRider.

I reinstalled the postgresql a lot of times, more than 25 times...i also i did it again deleting de user postgres, but this is not the problem...

I got the same "fatal error" i got before... I read on internet that more people has the same problem. but i dont find the solution...


Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.....


I WANT TO HAVE POKER TRACKER BUT I CAN´T..........

NandoSpain
[email protected]
NandoSpain
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:34 pm

If you follow the exact steps of the linked guide you shouldn't get that error message.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby NandoSpain » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Thank you for answers but this solution is not solving the problem...

It s the same mistake...

Any suggestions?

Thank You...

Fernando Rueda
[email protected]
NandoSpain
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Try installing this version and see if it works better for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby NandoSpain » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:23 am

Thank you Krada for your help.

But it s the same problem in the instalation...

I don´t know whats going on... I dont want to format the computer to try to install postgresql, but i think it is the only solution at the moment.

I read on internet about this mistake:

"failed to run initdb: 1! en postgres"

But it s not solution.

Any suggestion?

Thank you everybody.

NandoSpain
[email protected]
NandoSpain
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

Please create a support request using this link and we'll schedule a remote assistance session for you where one of our lead technicians can log into your machine and get PostgreSQL installed for you properly.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: S.O.S.Problems with the installation.

Postby NandoSpain » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Ok...

I created a support request...so i think somebody will contact to me.

Thank you krada....I ll tell you something about how the history finish.

NandoSpain
[email protected]
NandoSpain
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests