2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

Postby jsbjoey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:43 am

There is a tutorial with the title: 2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

I plan on buying PT3 when it supports Omaha. Until then I will use PT2. My question is, does the information contained in the above referenced tutorial work well with PT2, or is it only for PT3 ??

thanks
jsbjoey
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 pm

Re: 2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

Postby kraada » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:42 am

So long as you are using PostgreSQL database, it should work properly as far as I'm aware. If you're using Access databases I'm not sure what you'd need to do, but you can get an answer on the PTv2 forums I'm sure.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: 2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

Postby jsbjoey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:14 pm

I use Postgres. I successfully uninstalled postgres and backed up my databases. Then I installed PostgresSQL8.3.6 (although it did not prompt me to install Stackbuilder).

Now, I need to get pokertracker2 Holdem, Omaha, and Stud working with my external hard drive. I need to configure these to work with the postgres that is installed on my external hard drive, and i need to restore the database files onto the external hard drive. Prajna's tutorial explains how to do this with pokertracker 3, but not with pokertracker 2.

Can you help me do this ??
jsbjoey
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 pm

Re: 2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 am

I'm not as well versed in PTv2, I'm afraid. If you make a post in the PTv2 forums, Pat should be able to help you out, though.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: 2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

Postby jsbjoey » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 pm

actually, Pat refers me back to you. He has done so twice now.

In the meantime, I get error messages upon opening PT2 that say that the backed up databases no longer exist. And I am unable to restore them as the restore feature does not work.

I have all my five million hand histories, and I have the PT programs which I purchased, but I do not have any means to use the hand histories or get PT2 to work.
jsbjoey
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 pm

Re: 2 installs of pt3, 1 database, no networking!

Postby LVgamb00ler » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 am

Hi jsbjoey!

Post a few more details and I'll see if I can help you get past some of the problems you're having.

Please let me know:
- can you point me to the tutorial mentioned in your original post in this thread?
- how did you back up your databases?
- what operating system are you using? ... if you're using something other than XP my ability to help is greatly diminished
- how did you install Postgres on your external drive? using the normal Postgresql install process, but simply specifying an install directory that resides on the external drive?
- do you have more than 1 version of Postgresql installed? what Postgresql version(s) do you have installed?
- have you determined that there is a single version of Postgresql that will function with both PT2 and PT3?

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
LVgamb00ler
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Las Vegas


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest