Problems with password to PostgreSQL

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Problems with password to PostgreSQL

Postby Katjing7 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Hey,

Can anyone help me with my problem. I try to install PostgreSQL 8.3.7 but when it asks for a password, I have no idea what to insert, because I have never had a password. How do I get such password?

Here is a picture:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/263/passwordpost.jpg

Katjing7.
Katjing7
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:07 am

Re: Problems with password to PostgreSQL

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:36 pm

If PT3 installed postgres for you then the default password is "dbpass" (no quotes).
If you installed it manually then you would have set the password.
If that doesn't work, you can remove the need for postgres passwords: How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests