Postgres 8.2 and 8.3 + ODBC

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postgres 8.2 and 8.3 + ODBC

Postby Gendo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 am

Hi,

I'm currently running postgres 8.2 and 8.3 on my host system. 8.2 for PT2+PA and 8.3 for PT3.
I don't want to deinstall 8.2 yet (it's running on an other port so there no problem here).

The problem I have is that PT2 and PA won't run with the newest ODBC drivers.
PT3 seems to have problems with the older ODBC drivers (I don't get the HUD working).

Is there a a workaround for that problem?
Installing the other version of ODBC is a bit annoying but it works.
Something like a version switcher for ODBC or a trick to install both versions?

EDIT: I might have found something. More later.
Gendo
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:41 am

Re: Postgres 8.2 and 8.3 + ODBC

Postby Gendo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:00 am

Can't edit anymore.

Ok for everyone interested in it.

I installed the 8.2 odbc driver. Go to the installation directory and backup the folder "0802".
Now deinstall ODBC and install the 8.3 ODBC driver. Go again to this directory. Copy the folder "0802" beneath the "0803" folder. You now have to folders there.
Go into "0802" copy (Ctrl+c) all files in there.
Go to to "0803" and paste (Ctrl+v". Windows will ask you weather to override or not. Chose "NO"!

Maybe the last step is unimportant but it can't hurt as all 8.3 are the same and just some older 8.2 are added to the "0803" folder.

I don't know if it works for 100% yet. But PT2 and PA are reporting no error anymore. :)
Gendo
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:41 am


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests