can not connect!

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

can not connect!

Postby otto » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 am

I use Pokertracker on my PC and my laptop. Two days ago I couldn´t connect to my database. I installed the latest updade and it didn´t work.
I got following message:

psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
This probably means the server terminated abnormally
before or while processing the request.

What can I do? Should I reinstall Postgre? How? Or should I install the hole pokertracker 3 again? Can I do that with the same registration code? ( I use pokertracker on my PC and my laptop!)
I just have the problem on my laptop.
otto
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:47 am

Re: can not connect!

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:30 am

This sort of thing is normally caused by a firewall preventing postgres from running properly.
Try disabling your firewall temporarily while you start up.

If that doesn't help select the last few files in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log (they're dated so just pick the recent ones), right-click and choose 'Send To Compressed/zipped Folder', then attach the zip file to a ticket on the Support system, and link to this thread in the reference field of the ticket so that we can investigate.

You shouldn't need to re-install PT3, but if you do you can re-use the same code.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: can not connect!

Postby BigErf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:19 pm

FWIW, I started a separate thread with the same problem. I first receive a "PokerTracker was unable to connect to any PostgreSQL databases. Please make sure you have PostgreSQL running.

When I tried to create a new DB is when I got the same message as otto.

Turning off my firewall didn't help so I sent the files you mentioned above.
BigErf
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: can not connect!

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:33 am

Please don't cross post - we read every post. Someone will get back to you via your ticket.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests