Installing Poker Tracker for the first time.

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Installing Poker Tracker for the first time.

Postby callitjames » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:01 pm

I have recently downloaded the beta PT3 with the idea to purchase when fully available.

After installing and trying to load for first time I am brought up with the Configure postgresql Server box. In it there are 4 text boxes 3 of which are filled in automatically;

1) Server - localhost
2) Database User - postgres
3) Port - 5432
4) Password - ?

Now accrording to the PDF file password should be filled in but on mine its not. What do I need to put in there? Tried dbpass in the hope it was a default but no luck. I am on XP pro by the way.

What do I do?

Many thanks.
callitjames
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Re: Installing Poker Tracker for the first time.

Postby Josh » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Do you have PostgreSQL installed on your computer? If not, you needed to download the version of PT3 that has PostgreSQL with it. It should automatically install it, then that dialog should have the password field filled in. If you did not download the version with PostgreSQL, download it and re-install. You should be okay after that.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Installing Poker Tracker for the first time.

Postby Big Felter » Fri May 02, 2008 10:26 am

I am having the same problem. I may have never configured my postgresql while using PT2 (is that possible when you use it everyday I have no idea). I do have postgresql instaled (v 8.2) but have no idea in PT 2 what to set the user name and PW to but I see it was not configured in the utilities ==> postgresql settings the user name, password and ODBC entry to use fields are all blank.

In PT 3 I have tried to install both versions and get stuck at the same spot the pw field is blank and the other three fields have the default values. If I try to connect I get "unable to connect please check configuration"

Thanks in adance for any help you can give (btw I even tried the stop startservice recomendation I see you giving elsewhere) thanks.
Big Felter
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:53 am

Re: Installing Poker Tracker for the first time.

Postby APerfect10 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Big Felter wrote:I am having the same problem. I may have never configured my postgresql while using PT2 (is that possible when you use it everyday I have no idea). I do have postgresql instaled (v 8.2) but have no idea in PT 2 what to set the user name and PW to but I see it was not configured in the utilities ==> postgresql settings the user name, password and ODBC entry to use fields are all blank.

In PT 3 I have tried to install both versions and get stuck at the same spot the pw field is blank and the other three fields have the default values. If I try to connect I get "unable to connect please check configuration"

Thanks in adance for any help you can give (btw I even tried the stop startservice recomendation I see you giving elsewhere) thanks.


I replied to your support message...

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Installing Poker Tracker for the first time.

Postby vltava » Sat May 10, 2008 1:10 am

Same problem... I have 300k hands in my PT2 db, but I have no idea what SQL really is, and I am stuck at the "Configure PostgreSQL server" window when I try to start PT3.
vltava
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Installing Poker Tracker for the first time.

Postby vltava » Sat May 10, 2008 1:38 am

Disregard; got it working now.
vltava
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:34 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests