Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby midas001 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi all,

Everytime I try up upgrade from 8.3.4 to 8.3.9 or 8.3.10 i get this message:

"An error occured during the installation of assembly. Policy.8.0. Microsoft.VC80.CRT ,puplicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", type="win32-policy..." yadda, yadda, It is very long.

Any ideas on what I need to do in order to update? I checked on line and most solutions go back to installing C++ SP1. I already have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 installed and updated.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Bill S
Last edited by midas001 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midas001
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:39 pm

If you're already on an 8.3.x version, sometimes uninstalling the version you're on, then using the full 8.3.9 (or 8.3.10) installer will work properly where Upgrade.bat will fail, so please give that a try.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby midas001 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks! I will post what happens later.
midas001
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby midas001 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 pm

The instal of 8.4.3 went fine but now how do i import all the data? I downloaded the 2,279 page manual and it seems the SQL dump is the most reliable method. Had iknown that before I uninstalled 8.3.4...

Anyway I will keep looking around here and online for a solution...
midas001
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:30 am

If you had 8.3.x before then you can only 'upgrade' to another 8.3.y version. To go to 8.4.z you need to backup/restore your databases.
The best thing to do now will be to uninstall 8.4 and install the latest 8.3.x version, following the same guide.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby midas001 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks for the reply Whiterider but here is what I ended up doing last night...

I uninstalled 8.3.4 then installed 8.4.3. At first I could not find out how to import/restore until I created a new database. I then restored/imported my old database into the new one using PGAdminIII. PT3 would not recognize the new database. I then deleted the new database using PGAdminIII and removed any databases listed in PT3 using database maintenance. After closing and reopening PT3 I was then prompted to create a new database. After creating the new database I then manually imported all my hand histories (only about 100000 hands) from my back up drive. I started importing all the hands last night right before I went to bed. This morning I set up "me" and my alias(s) and all I need to do now is maintenance then play some poker when I get home from work today!

Hope this helps anyone going through this same process.
midas001
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks for the update - that works too. :)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Upgrade to 8.3.9/8.3.10 failed

Postby midas001 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:14 pm

A final word for this thread...

I played in a couple SnG's last night and all is working great!! I have not played any cash yet but if I do have any problems i will follow up. I do not forsee any issues since all seems to be working quite well!

Good luck at the tables all!
midas001
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 am


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest