Page 1 of 1

PostgreSQL instalation problems

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 am
by DallasMackDaddy
I have windows XP and after I installed PT3 and I went to install the PostgreSQL I get the following error message.

"Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3' (pgsql-8.3) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

I was able to use one of the earlier beta releases of PT3 but during one of the upgrades i began to have problems.

Thanks

Re: PostgreSQL instalation problems

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:39 am
by WhiteRider
If you were already using PT3 then you already had postgres installed so you don't need to install it again.
If there is a problem with postgres and you need to re-install, have a look at the Postgres FAQ to see how to completely uninstall it before re-installing. If you do this, the simplest way would then be to install PT3 with postgres version.