Page 1 of 1

I can not create a new database...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:29 am
by backofthebu5
because of logon problems

Re: I can not create a new database...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:34 pm
by prajna
Try removing password requirements of your server for local queries and see if that helps. Goto start -> postgresql -> configuration files -> pg_hba.conf. Scroll to the bottom of the document and in both places you see the word md5, replace it with trust. Save and exit. This will allow you to access the database w/any password locally and it not fail.

~ Thomas
[Pokertracker support]

Re: I can not create a new database...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 pm
by backofthebu5
"trust" was already in place. derek edit the file before i updated tobeta 11.do you want me to send the file?

Re: I can not create a new database...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:27 am
by APerfect10
backofthebu5 wrote:"trust" was already in place. derek edit the file before i updated tobeta 11.do you want me to send the file?


Not yet. Go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Stop Service. Then go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Start Service

Does that resolve the problem? If you hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open your Task Manager, under the Processes tab, do you see any 'postgres.exe'?

What is the exact error message that is displayed?

Best regards,

Derek

Re: I can not create a new database...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:25 am
by backofthebu5
Go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Stop Service. Then go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Start Service

yes that did resolved the problem, thanks

If you hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open your Task Manager, under the Processes tab, do you see any 'postgres.exe'?
yes there are 'postgres.exe'

What is the exact error message that is displayed?
a couple of days removed from the error message, what i remember of the message, the message i got happen after I downloaded beta 11 and started to import hands- ( sorry i should have copy the message and not do it from memory, I have crs) basically it said-
could not log on to local server using an old data base and needed to creat a new data base. I will start copying te error messages and passing them on to yous sorry

Question- is there anyway the hud can calulate pot odds?

thanks
bob

Re: I can not create a new database...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:00 pm
by APerfect10
Ok, I am glad that resolved the issue. Beta 10 required a new database and Beta 12 will also require a new database so you will need to reimport your hands. (This should be the last time that you will need to do that)

No PokerTracker products calculate pot odds...

Best regards,

Derek