Need help..

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Need help..

Postby Matixboy » Mon May 12, 2008 1:15 am

Trying to install PT3 and Postgresql but having problems..

Getting an error after trying to install Postgre:
"Unable to create PostgreSQL databade: PT3 Beta DB1. Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (-x----274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

Just bought PT2 a couple months ago and would like to start using PT3 so I can get used to it for when it comes out in full version but have no idea how to get Postgre working....

Please help

Thanks
Matixboy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: Need help..

Postby WhiteRider » Mon May 12, 2008 4:23 am

Have you been using postgres with PT2?
If you already have postgres installed just install the PT3 without postgres version.

Actually, rereading it sounds like the install went OK - are you getting this error when you start PT3?
Try starting the postgres service: Start -> Programs -> postgres -> start service
..then try again.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Need help..

Postby Matixboy » Mon May 12, 2008 2:46 pm

I didn't have Postgres installed for PT2. I am trying to install Postgres manually from their site now and when I get to the Service Configuration screen when installing, I click next and it says "Invalid username specified: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."
Matixboy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: Need help..

Postby APerfect10 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Matixboy wrote:I didn't have Postgres installed for PT2. I am trying to install Postgres manually from their site now and when I get to the Service Configuration screen when installing, I click next and it says "Invalid username specified: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."


I am not sure what screen you are talking about...under Administrators->Services->PostgreSQL Database Service?

The username should be 'postgres' and the password should be whatever you chose. If you forget, try the default password of 'dbpass' (no quotes).

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Need help..

Postby Matixboy » Mon May 12, 2008 6:39 pm

In the install of postgres is when I get that error. I click Next 2 or 3 times and then can't click next anymore because it comes up with that error and shuts the install down.
Matixboy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: Need help..

Postby APerfect10 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:12 am

Matixboy wrote:In the install of postgres is when I get that error. I click Next 2 or 3 times and then can't click next anymore because it comes up with that error and shuts the install down.


Go Start->Run, 'cmd' OK. At the command prompt type:

Code: Select all
net user postgres /delete

Then try installing again. Do not use an existing windows user account during this step. Keep the username as the default 'postgres' and simply create a password. It will then say, 'This user does not exist, would you like for PostgreSQL to create this account. Click Yes. Then it will say, this password is weak do you want it changed, click No and proceed.

If you are still having problems, please contact me via the Support system to schedule a remote assistance session where I can logon to your computer with you and directly troubleshoot the issue / get PostgreSQL installed.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests