Page 1 of 1

I'm lost..Access Denied problem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 am
by kdogmc
I get a error message saying ...

User postgre could not be created : Access Denied

I have Vista and a bran new computer.

For user account do I use the name already in there ? postgre

do I then choose my own passwod or use the one it gives me which is a nightmare?

thanks

Re: I'm lost..Access Denied problem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:55 am
by APerfect10
Try disabling "User Account Control" then installing. Please use the default username "postgres" and create your own password.

[url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8226jg]Tutorial: Vista-How to Disable 'User Account Control' (UAC)[/url6jg]

Best regards,

Derek

Re: I'm lost..Access Denied problem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:23 am
by kdogmc
Bingo

ps do I need that thing I shut down is it important

Thanks Kevin

Re: I'm lost..Access Denied problem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:21 am
by APerfect10
You can re-enable it now that PostgreSQL has been installed. Just make sure that you run PokerTracker 3 as an administrator. Right click the PT3 shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". This needs to be done only once, the first time after you run the installation file.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: I'm lost..Access Denied problem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:31 pm
by jsnipes28
Thanks this was a helpful post.