AutoBet Theorem

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby kraada » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:54 am

So we're explaining this abstract statement:

SIMILAR TO '(X|Y)%'

SIMILAR TO means to match the following pattern, which can include regular expressions. (LIKE uses simpler pattern matching, = checks for identical strings.)

The ()s match in this case just one character: X|Y. The | means "or", so if the string starts 'X' or 'Y' we're good so far.

% is a wildcard, matching literally anything else. So any string that starts X or Y will count. These strings will match: Xander, Yellow, XYZZY. These strings will not match: x, yup, bing blang blaow.

I hope that clarifies? :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby js2002 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:23 am

oh upercase only when written uppercase, that helped !
doesnt matter for these PT3 strings but for other coding....
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby kraada » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:57 am

Glad to hear that helped :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby preparac » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Hm... At first glance I get a feeling similar to

SIMILAR TO '(Understanding|Capable to aply)%'

but then on the other side I would LIKE to be more sure about the difference between LIKE and SIMILAR TO ...

Is it be possible to translate a SIMILAR TO '(X|Y)%' statement into a LIKE 'XYZ%' statement? (at least sometimes, depending on how I define the XYZ part?)

Or to combine two LIKE statements to get the same resulat as with a SIMILAR TO statement ... as f. ex.: (SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)%') = (LIKE F% OR LIKE 'XF%') ??

...
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby kraada » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:52 pm

(SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)%') = (LIKE 'F%' OR LIKE 'XF%')

That equality is true. I believe the former will be slightly faster, though I'm not 100% certain. Either way, once you get used to the notation, it is much easier to read when you have complicated things going on.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby preparac » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:00 am

Ok, i got it now thanks.

Next thing i must get clear...

I thin how I have to construct the nominator for hero betting in Position in an unraised pot

sum( if[((lookup_actions_p.action = 'X' OR lookup_actions_p.action = 'C') AND tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_facing = 0) AND lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'B%' AND (tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_aggressor_pos < tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.position AND val_t_bet_aggressor_pos = -1), 1, 0 ] )

But how i construct the denominator for all situation, where I could have made a bet in an unraised pot in position? ... if ther is no agressor, how to compare the two (or more) players position?
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby preparac » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 am

... with
holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position
?
... bujt then I probably also should buidl the nominator with this flg instead of the (tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_aggressor_pos < tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.position AND val_t_bet_aggressor_pos = -1) thing ... at least for multiway flops?
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby js2002 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:52 am

I think you cant do that.

I do fllowing:

I have a Steal unraised Pot Stat

and

Stats für HU (Heapsup) situations.

Thats enough for me.

I just need tendencies and that are really enough I get a view on how the player thinks (of poker/his game etc).
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby preparac » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:57 am

(Hm, I don't know ... there are some players types, who in an unraised pot play even more depending on their absolute position than on the number of plrs in the pot.
So me myself f.ex. I think I tend to steal to much, when I am in position (or I do not defend enough against Check raises) and i do not "donk" enough OOP in unraised pots but Checkfold or Checkcall to much ... I think this is exploitable ...)
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 am

preparac wrote:... with
holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position
?
... bujt then I probably also should buidl the nominator with this flg instead of the (tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.val_f_bet_aggressor_pos < tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.position AND val_t_bet_aggressor_pos = -1) thing ... at least for multiway flops?


Yes, you'll need to use "has position".
If the player bet then the flop bet aggressor position will be -1 because they ARE the flop aggressor, so it doesn't make sense to compare that with their own position.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests