BB raising SB

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BB raising SB

Postby Darvini » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 am

I tried that BB raising a limping SB stat but it didnt work. I got 0/X results and I know I have done it many times.

(holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made / (holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made + 2 * (holdem_limit.amt_bb))) = holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct

This division doesnt make sense to me. First it forgets that val is % and not just relation. Secondly pot doesnt include the raise made.

Val_p_raise_made_pct is defined as (amt_p_raise_made / pot) * 100. So when only SB limps the pot will be 2 * (holdem_limit.amt_bb) and thus we get -> Val_p_raise_made_pct = (amt_p_raise_made / 2 * (holdem_limit.amt_bb)) * 100

So I build my columns as follows:

cnt_p_bb_raise_sb_limp:

sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and ((holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct / 100) = (holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made / 2 * (holdem_limit.amt_bb))), 1, 0])

cnt_p_bb_raise_sb_limp_opp:

sum(if[(holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and (holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made / (2 * (holdem_limit.amt_bb))) = (holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct / 100)) OR (holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'X' AND holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position) , 1, 0])

And now the statistic gives believable results in my reports.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: BB raising SB

Postby preparac » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:19 pm

This only works when there are no antes, right?
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: BB raising SB

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:32 pm

It's much easier if you follow things up in the ticket rather than jumping back and forth.

The columns you've ended up with here are rearrangements of what I gave you in your ticket, yes?

The column expression I gave you in the ticket was this:
cnt_p_bb_raise_sb_limp =
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and round((holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made / (holdem_limit.amt_bb * holdem_limit.val_nlpl_mult)) * 100) = round(holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct), 1, 0])

..which is equivalent to what you've changed to.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: BB raising SB

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:33 pm

preparac wrote:This only works when there are no antes, right?

Correct, but the same principal could be adapted to work with antes.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: BB raising SB

Postby Darvini » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Im not shaiheart and dont know anything about that ticket. The link posted here gets me nowhere. Just saw the columns, tried them and came up with proposal to fix the problem. Should I be able to see the ticket? I dont know how. But since you came up with the same solution I guess it works now.
Darvini
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: BB raising SB

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:27 pm

No, you shouldn't be able to see the ticket - tickets are private.

The columns you need are:

cnt_p_bb_raise_sb_limp =
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and round((holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made / (holdem_limit.amt_bb * holdem_limit.val_nlpl_mult)) * 100) = round(holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct), 1, 0])

cnt_p_bb_raise_sb_limp_opp =
sum(if[(holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and round((holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made / (holdem_limit.amt_bb * holdem_limit.val_nlpl_mult)) * 100) = round(holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct)) OR (holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 AND lookup_actions_p.action = 'X' AND holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position) , 1, 0])

Tutorial - Custom Reports and Statistics
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests