Messed up my stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Messed up my stat

Postby Freeway » Mon May 03, 2010 2:10 pm

BigGameHunter wrote:It appears that we are trying to acheive the same thing in trying to incorporate accurate Stove/Stox style hand ranges into the HUD. I'm not sure how far you are along with this but like me it sounds like this is something you are committed to doing. Would you be willing to split this task with me, say 85 columns each, to cut down on the amount of time and work involved getting the "prep" done? Once all 169 columns have been created we just export and send copies to each other to make up a "completed list".

Please PM me and let me know if your interested.

That's not a bad idea. I'm still debating doing it this way though ( id.hands ) because while I have my range tab working doing it the "old" way. Im not exactly sure how I need to change the stat part of it ( as opposed to the column ) to get the look of 66+ instead of TT-66 for example.
Im actually trying to get my question together for the team. I just dont have it worded quite right yet.
Freeway
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Messed up my stat

Postby kraada » Mon May 03, 2010 2:58 pm

One other wrinkle that may not have come up yet in this thread:

There's a 1600 column limit on custom statistics. This limit is imposed by PostgreSQL and as far as I'm aware, not going to change anytime soon.

So if you add 170 columns per set of hole cards you want to see, you're going to run into that 1600 column limit pretty quickly . . .
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Messed up my stat

Postby Freeway » Mon May 03, 2010 6:33 pm

kraada wrote:One other wrinkle that may not have come up yet in this thread:

There's a 1600 column limit on custom statistics. This limit is imposed by PostgreSQL and as far as I'm aware, not going to change anytime soon.

So if you add 170 columns per set of hole cards you want to see, you're going to run into that 1600 column limit pretty quickly . . .

See, this makes me think Im not getting this way of doing it. I was thinking
6 columns
button, co, hj, utg, bb, sb
and then the stats
these 4
pairs, suited conn, off suit conn, broadway cards. and maybe 5 or 6 others
Freeway
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests