Help - want to create "positional awareness" stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Help - want to create "positional awareness" stat

Postby dajg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi

I'd like to create a stat for my HUD that will show how positionally aware a player is (low awareness should =fish). I intend to calculate this by finding the correlation between the position of the player and their VP$IP in that position, probably using spearmans rank correlation coefficient. I have no experience of databases, SQL etc. although I have done a little programming in C and pascal. Pointers as to where to start - or even if someone would be good enough to write this for me would be much appreciated.
dajg
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Help - want to create "positional awareness" stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:18 pm

There are positional versions of VP$IP for each position available for download from the Repository which will show you how to calculate the values for each position.

I suspect the easiest way to build your stat will be to import those and do your comparisons in the statistic itself rather than trying to build a new column to do everything at once.

Tutorial - Custom Reports and Statistics
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests