cbet success against different player types

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

cbet success against different player types

Postby dispatch3d » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:53 pm

I'd like to see what my cbet success rate is against different player types. I already added the stat that was in the repository, and did according to board texture. I looked through the reports to filter according to vpip and pfr. Apparently I can filter out different vpips (so I could, for example, see the cbet successes of all tags). However, I'd like to know what my cbet success is against ONLY tags. Would I have to mess with the actual database to get rid of the fish? Or is there a way to do this currently in pt3?

fyi I read the custom reports tutorial but prehaps i missed information in there that told me how to do this.

Thanks

dispatch3d
dispatch3d
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: cbet success against different player types

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 pm

It's complicated but doable.

Thankfully, I've already done it so I can just paste those for you. You won't be able to use these filters with the simple filters though.

Add this filter to filter by VP$IP:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand from player, holdem_hand_player_statistics where player.id_player = holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_player WHERE holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_saw GROUP BY player.id_player HAVING (((( (CASE WHEN ( (sum((case when(holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand > 0) then 1 else 0 end)))) <> 0 THEN (((sum((case when(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_vpip) then 1 else 0 end))) * 1.0 )/( (sum((case when(holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand > 0) then 1 else 0 end))))) ELSE 0 END) ) * 100) BETWEEN X AND Y)))

Change X and Y to match whatever VP$IP range you want. Then you will only see hands that include at least one player that have a VP$IP that matches your specifications. Then just filter to active player, and run your report.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cbet success against different player types

Postby dispatch3d » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 pm

I tried entering that expression into the filters under the report tab. Unfortunately it wouldn't validate the expression. I changed x and y to 10 and 25 fwiw. I was just going to use the included "fish list sample" under hold em cash player statistics initially before adding cbet success. I made sure it filtered active player, and took off the existing filters for that report. I made no reference to vpip directly in that filter. I'm not sure what you mean by "Add this filter to filter by VP$IP:". I assume the filter as copy and pasted will filter by vpip? And the filter is added under the reports tab.....

Really appreciate the help,
dispatch3d
dispatch3d
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: cbet success against different player types

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Sorry, that's my fault. Use this instead:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand from player, holdem_hand_player_statistics where player.id_player = holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_player AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_saw GROUP BY holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand HAVING (((( (CASE WHEN ( (sum((case when(holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand > 0) then 1 else 0 end)))) <> 0 THEN (((sum((case when(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_vpip) then 1 else 0 end))) * 1.0 )/( (sum((case when(holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand > 0) then 1 else 0 end))))) ELSE 0 END) ) * 100) BETWEEN X AND Y)))

I mean "add this filter in order to filter by VP$IP".
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests