cant find stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

cant find stat

Postby Freeway » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm

I took a protected stat and dup'd it made some changes, validated it and saved it. then apply.
did full housekeeping.
but when I go to my HUD to customize I can find it...
I see it in the hands tab though ( for example )
Freeway
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: cant find stat

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Have you stop/started auto import since you created the stat? The HUD loads the stat list when it starts, so you need to stop/start it to pick up new stats.
I assume that this stat is in the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section? (or omaha, or tournament Player Statistics)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: cant find stat

Postby Freeway » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:25 pm

omaha cash
Ive restarted PT several times.
stop and started auto import and HUD
Freeway
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: cant find stat

Postby Freeway » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 pm

I also have a question about the stat itself.
I took the check% stat and took out the pre flop part
100 * (cnt_f_check + cnt_t_check + cnt_r_check )/ cnt_total_actions
so that it would be a post flop only stat?
In the starting hands tab I have a hand I was dealt only once.
I saw the flop and checked the hand but the stat reads 75.00
Should it not read 100?
Freeway
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: cant find stat

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:55 pm

cnt_total_actions counts all actions, not just postflop.
FWIW that's not really a very useful stat. It counts the percentage of total actions which were checks, not the percentage of times that the player checked when they had the opportunity.
As an extreme example, if the player only ever saw the flop in position and their opponent bet into them 99 times and checked once, and the player checked behind, then their Check% would be 1% (or less, actually, since there would be more than one action per hand). Whereas actually they checked 100% of the times that they had the chance to.

What [I think] you actually want is a stat built like "Bet Total". If you duplicate that and change the expression from:
((cnt_f_bet + cnt_t_bet + cnt_r_bet) / (cnt_f_bet + cnt_f_check + cnt_t_bet + cnt_t_check + cnt_r_bet + cnt_r_check)) * 100
..to..
((cnt_f_check + cnt_t_check + cnt_r_check) / (cnt_f_bet + cnt_f_check + cnt_t_bet + cnt_t_check + cnt_r_bet + cnt_r_check)) * 100
..then it will show the percentage of times the player checked when they have the opportunity.

Check% was added for use in the Details report, as that's what PT2 used to display.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: cant find stat

Postby Freeway » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am

Indeed. Thank you.
I am going to do a post flop stat for bet, fold, check, raise. Should I do them all as you have recommended?
And I still cant find the stat I made in the HUD maker.
Freeway
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: cant find stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 am

Well it depends what value you want to see - the stat you based yours on is a different stat to the one I described.
It's possible that the stat you built can't be used in the HUD. Please export it and attach it to a Support ticket and we'll take a look at it.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: cant find stat

Postby Freeway » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:58 am

sent
Freeway
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: cant find stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 am

Thanks - we'll get back to you via your ticket.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests