Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby 32Ford » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi
I've just downloaded the count of flopped sets from the repository and when i ran it I got a total of 110.
I was quite sure this seemed wrong (i run badly at flopping a set !)
My database is quite small as I've only recently started and has just under 8k hands, so I went through and counted them up.
The total was 42.
Has anyone else found a problem with this particular query ?
Thanks
Steve
32Ford
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Can you identify any hands where this report is giving the wrong result?
Is it maybe a flopped 3 of a kind (with a pair on the board) or something like that?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby 32Ford » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Yes, I got it. A basic error. I hadnt filtered on Pocket Pairs only, before running the report.
Sorry, I'll get the hang of this soon I hope !
Thanks for your help.
Steve
32Ford
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:07 pm

OK, good.
Please do let us know about any problems you find, though.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby 32Ford » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi

Im getting weird results again with this report.

Here's exactly what I'm doing -

1. Check filters are cleared.
2. Check my screenname is selected
3. Click Filters, and select PartyGaming, and tick all boxes in the limits window.
Select specific date (1st July)
Select Hole Cards tab and toggle all pairs ON
Click "Add selected to filters"
4. Click Apply and OK
5. From the main window I can see I played 1,081 hands under the General Tab (seems about right), and on the Hands tab, I had 70 pocket pairs.
6. Click on Reports tab
7. In the drop down for "Section", I select Holdem Cash Hand
8. In the drop down for Report, I select Flopped sets (the name I gave the report). In the Report Stats window, it now shows "Count Flopped Set"
9. Click on Run Report...and get a result of 18490 (!!)

Any idea where I'm going wrong ?

Thanks

Steve
32Ford
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby stevel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi. I have been looking at this Report as well and wondering about the results. Over 57,000 hands I had pocket pairs that saw a flop 2514 times (=1 in 22; seems about right). According to the report I flopped a set 263 times - 1 in 9.6. If the expected rate is 1 in 8.3 then I have missed out on 303 (2514/8.3) minus 263 = 40 flopped sets. It just seems odd that over 57,000 hands, of all pocket pairs, only pocket 2's has done better than 1 in 8.3! Is this right? Am I just running bad??
stevel
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 7:50 am

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby 32Ford » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:18 am

Whiterider, I can see where there is a problem.
It's when selecting the "Sites" in the filters. If I remove that filter, it all works fine.
As I use different screennames on different sites, it's not a problem for me because I don't actually need this filter.
Hope that helps a bit.
Steve
32Ford
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:05 pm

32Ford wrote:Whiterider, I can see where there is a problem.
It's when selecting the "Sites" in the filters. If I remove that filter, it all works fine.
As I use different screennames on different sites, it's not a problem for me because I don't actually need this filter.
Hope that helps a bit.
Steve

That's great - thanks.
Please create a ticket on the Support system for this issue, so that we can get it fixed.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby PeterC57 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello All,

I just downloaded and ran the same report. It first gave me a number over 12 and I then found out to run that bad is about 1 in a trillion. Not likely ;) . So, I went back into the forum and found that I had to explicitly set the "Saw Flop" filter. The number then went down to 9.6 - much better but over 150k hands probably not good enough. But, possibly I could be that unlucky....

Is there anything else I'm supposed to do or is there another version of this report available ? Or where do I find help on building this type of report myself ?

Thanks,
PeterC57
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: Flopped Sets from repository gives incorrect results

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:10 am

I haven't looked at the report for a long time, or in much detail, but I think it works OK.
For information please see the Tutorial - Custom Reports and Statistics.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests