Page 1 of 2

virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:50 pm
by ant9985
i just got message from avast antivirus when i closed my pahud saying: sign of "win32:neptunia-MC[Trj]" has been found in "F:\program files\pokerace hud\pahud.exe\[armadillo]" file. so i clicked on move to virus vault think its a virus, then when i tryed to load pahud again, the little box with the torch scanning the files came up then exited.
what should i do now?

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:06 pm
by jackatwork
Hey, I actually came to post about the exact same thing. I tried to load up pahud this morning and got the same error message. Avast seems to have quarantined PAHud.exe - I don't know if it's due to a legitimate problem or what. I was unable to find anything on this particular version of the Neptunia trojan and limited info on past versions. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:05 pm
by sira
I think this has been an issue before. I would belive that it's a false error, but I don't actually know. I get the same virus warning.

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:09 pm
by sgosgo
I got the same virus info, and noticed this Trojan came with today update of AVAST virus list only....

AVAST find this Trojan in the version I had installed (an old one), in version 1.18 (when I tried to download it), but not in beta 1.19.3

Problem is that it is now IMPOSSIBLE to run PAHud any more, as it refuses to start.
Any advice on how to solve this ?? (in the meantime, I'll have to use .... gametime+)

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:12 pm
by jackatwork
Yeah, I'm assuming it's probably wrong, but also don't want to play poker until I get the "all clear". Hopefully someone can shed some light on this soon.

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:59 pm
by midas
I remember seeing this stuff posted in the past. Avast reports it as a virus. The guys submit the code to Avast to get them to identify it properly. Next update Avast no longer says it's a virus. A few updates later it flags it again.

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:27 pm
by APerfect10
Please see [url=http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1170vk3]Attn: GData / Avast AntiVirus Users - False Positive[/urlvk3] which addresses this issue.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:46 pm
by weaktight
Same here, how do we restore PAH?

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:52 pm
by weaktight
No luck adding an exception here.

Re: virus found

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:38 pm
by sgosgo
Derek,

I've renamed my old PAHud folder, and installed version 1.19.5 now in another folder.
This versions is working ok, but I would like to get all the layouts I had with my old installation.
Is there any file from the old folder to move or copy which would enable this easily (like pokeracehud/config/layouts/default.profile for instance...)
Thanks in advance

sgosgo