PT very slow / crashes

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

Re: PT very slow / crashes

Postby omaha » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 am

Did you put your db on a different drive?

make sure that pt and postgres and spadeye are on the one drive, else things slow down hideously and crash- particularly se
omaha
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Re: PT very slow / crashes

Postby johnep71477 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Greetings,

I came across this thread and I am now having the same issues.


When I try to import hands, PT basically freezes up (and windows task manager it will say "program not responding")

When I hit file->import hand histories->full tilt

this window pops up

"Please note that you currently have 58 hand history files in your hand history folder. This indicates that you have not been moving/deleting or allowing Poker Tracker to move these files (using the "Moved porcessed files..." option of this window) when you close this window. It could mean that this is the first time you have used the auto import functionality.

In either case, this many hand history files could cause the import to be somewhat slow and appear to be 'frozen' at times while its processing. It is strongly recommended that you use 'Move processed files...' option to keep this window as fast as possible."



I have the "move processed files to the following folder when I close window" checked and its processed to
c:\processed_hands

How do i move these 58 hand history files?


the other 2 boxes "enable logging" and "auto rate players when importing hand histories" are both unchecked


Also under ring game stats--> general info tab

I have the "do not auto rate this player" checked as well.


I also have have gone under utlities "one step compact--poker and hand history databases"

it took awhile to go through this process--probably close to 10 minutes


I tend to do a fair amount of datamining as well.


thanks for any help that is provided.

Kind regards

JP
johnep71477
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Re: PT very slow / crashes

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Are you playing tournaments at FT? If so, see here
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4695&p=22248&hilit=+summary+files#p22207
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT very slow / crashes

Postby johnep71477 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Yes as a matter of fact I do play tourneys as well.

I looked at that link you provided and it says


"Are you playing tournaments at FT? If so, those extra files are summary files that FT creates at the end of every tournament. PT doesn't process these hands yet so you will have to manually move them from the FT hand history folder to the processed folder. The file names have "summary" in the file name so those are the files to be moved."


My question is where/how do I move these summary files?

Thanks

JP
johnep71477
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Re: PT very slow / crashes

Postby ptrack pat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Right-click on the Start menu and select Explore.
Go to the c:\program files\full tilt poker\handhistory\[username] folder.
In that folder should be files that have "SUMMARY" in the name of the file.
Hold the CTRL key down and click on each summary file. This will allow you to select multiple files at a time. When you have highlighted them all, right-click and select "Cut" from the popup menu.
Now, navigate to the processed hand history folder, whatever you have set that up to be.
Right-click into that folder and select "Paste" from the popup menu to put the files there.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Previous

Return to PokerTracker Holdem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest