Trouble after compacting database

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

Trouble after compacting database

Postby Danny830x » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:11 am

I just compacted my database and hand histories for the first time after about 40k total hands. After the compact, no hand histories showed up in the ring game viewer. I went into the PT folder and clicked on the database, then the histories from Pokerstars began showing again. This is where most of my hand histories are from, but there are still a few from Full Tilt that are not showing up. (They were before the compact.) Is there any way to fix this? Or a way to undo the compact?
Danny830x
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Re: Trouble after compacting database

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 am

APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Trouble after compacting database

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:58 am

Are you using Vista on this PC? It sounds like it and that you haven't been running as administrator every time as you should be.

Close PT, go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. Is there a file called ptrack_backup.mdb there? If so, rename the current ptrack.mdb file to ptrack_old.mdb then rename the backup file to ptrack.mdb and open PT as administrator (Vista should prompt you to cancel/allow every time) and see if you can see the data again.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Trouble after compacting database

Postby Danny830x » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 pm

There is no backup database, even though it said it created one when i compacted. When i close PT and open it again, the ring game file is empty. Then i have to go to the folder, click the database and it opens another instance of PT with all the stats in it. Also, PAHud isnt displaying stats now, I assume this is because of the database issue. Any idea how to fix this?
Danny830x
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Re: Trouble after compacting database

Postby Danny830x » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 pm

And yes im using vista, and it is run as admin. All my poker files are.
Danny830x
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Re: Trouble after compacting database

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. Click on the Compatibility Files link/button at the top of the window.

What are the files in this folder with MDB as the file extension? What are the names, sizes and date/times on them? If you were always running as admin, there should be no file in this folder.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Trouble after compacting database

Postby laddys » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:00 pm

I have the same problem. I compacted the database, because the program kept reminding me of it. I did it and when I opened the PT next time, all data was gone. Nothing. Is this what compacting means?? I followed the instructions in this thread, renamed the backup copy file to ptrack.mdb, but couldnt find a current ptrack file. So the backup is now the only one named ptrack.mdb in this folder and it is 328328kt. Other files are hhcopy.dtb and hhdb.mdb and pterrorlog. What can I do? What happened actually??
laddys
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:50 pm

Re: Trouble after compacting database

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:58 pm

laddys wrote:I have the same problem. I compacted the database, because the program kept reminding me of it. I did it and when I opened the PT next time, all data was gone. Nothing. Is this what compacting means?? I followed the instructions in this thread, renamed the backup copy file to ptrack.mdb, but couldnt find a current ptrack file. So the backup is now the only one named ptrack.mdb in this folder and it is 328328kt. Other files are hhcopy.dtb and hhdb.mdb and pterrorlog. What can I do? What happened actually??


Are you seeing the data now again that you renamed that file?
Are you using Vista on this computer?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PokerTracker Holdem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests