Transfering Databases From Old PC to new PC

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Transfering Databases From Old PC to new PC

Postby Explotions6969 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:19 am

I got my database onto my new PC but when I try and restore it, it gets stuck on " C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\PokerTracker4\Processed/*.*" and keeps on repeating "."
Is it working and I'm impatient? Or is something wrong?
Explotions6969
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:14 am

Re: Transfering Databases From Old PC to new PC

Postby Explotions6969 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:32 am

I ended up just coping the processed hands from the backup folder into the corresponding folder on the new pc but the hand histories aren't showing when I look at a graph or when I'm at a table.
Explotions6969
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:14 am

Re: Transfering Databases From Old PC to new PC

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:32 am

Explotions6969 wrote:I got my database onto my new PC but when I try and restore it, it gets stuck on " C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\PokerTracker4\Processed/*.*" and keeps on repeating "."
Is it working and I'm impatient? Or is something wrong?

If it's still restoring processed files you can safely cancel it and restart the restore with 'Processed Hands' unchecked and it should proceed much faster. Processed hands are not required for your database to restore - they are the original hand history files from your poker site(s) and are only needed should you ever need to re-import them again to a new database.
Explotions6969 wrote:I ended up just coping the processed hands from the backup folder into the corresponding folder on the new pc but the hand histories aren't showing when I look at a graph or when I'm at a table.

That's not going to put those hands in your database and you would need to reimport from the processed files again using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' if you are not going to be restoring the database from a backup file.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests