Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby Erlebnis » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:11 pm

I was suspicious before but now I have confirmed it: note tracker is getting some wrong hands for the default notes.

If an opponent 3bets vs. a steal his holdings will appear 3 times: "3bet range", "3bet Blind vs setals" AND "Called 2Bet from blinds range"

Of course the last one is just wrong and quite misguiding. I noticed many opponents with notes like "[P] Called 2Bet from blinds range{KK} (1)" which might lead to big mistakes. In fact, he never called with KK pre but 3bet with it, but the default call 2bet note is getting that hand as well for some reason.
Erlebnis
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby guitarizt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 pm

That's good to know. I'll only be paying attention to the hands they 3bet for now in the notes. At least it looks like call 3bet doesn't count for call 2bet to me.
guitarizt
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks - we're still tuning the auto-notes, so I'll make sure the relevant people are made aware of this.

How are you finding auto notes in general? Have you tried setting up your own notes?
If you notice any other issues, or think of any other notes you think would be useful please let us know.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby Erlebnis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 am

WhiteRider wrote:Thanks - we're still tuning the auto-notes, so I'll make sure the relevant people are made aware of this.

How are you finding auto notes in general? Have you tried setting up your own notes?
If you notice any other issues, or think of any other notes you think would be useful please let us know.


Yup, so far I'm liking them. I've made a couple of suggestions in the feature request board.

I didn't manage yet make notes that deal with made hand ranges (e.g., check/raised with no pair, no draw) but to be honest I didn't put enough effort into it. I've tried a bit, not much; I think I just have to check the deafult notes to see how they're built.

I do like them but at the same time do think the competition software have many more features - like the implied strength/weakness, frequencies, the ability to click on notes and see hand histories, etc., etc.
Erlebnis
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby StevenM » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:04 am

Erlebnis wrote:I was suspicious before but now I have confirmed it: note tracker is getting some wrong hands for the default notes.

If an opponent 3bets vs. a steal his holdings will appear 3 times: "3bet range", "3bet Blind vs setals" AND "Called 2Bet from blinds range"

Of course the last one is just wrong and quite misguiding. I noticed many opponents with notes like "[P] Called 2Bet from blinds range{KK} (1)" which might lead to big mistakes. In fact, he never called with KK pre but 3bet with it, but the default call 2bet note is getting that hand as well for some reason.



There is an error with Called 2Bet from Blinds range, I will fix it immediately and have it submitted for the next build - but in order for this data to be correct going forward in existing notes you will have to purge your notes. Alternativly you can choose to ignore the error in your old notes knowing that it will be correct in all new notes - but I wouldn't recommend that.

You should however be aware that there will be some crossover between 3Bet range and 3Bet Blind vs Steals range. 3Bet includes ANY 3Bet opportunity (not just in position), hence there will be some duplication with 3Bet Blind vs Steals range when a player 3Bets from the blinds - of course we should note that there must be showdown for the note to trigger. If you wish to alter the 3Bet range so it doesnt include 3Bets from the blinds vs steals you are of course free to do so....

Attached - updated note
Attachments
001 - Call 2Bet From Blinds Range.zip
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 323 times
StevenM
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby Erlebnis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:16 am

StevenM wrote:
Erlebnis wrote:I was suspicious before but now I have confirmed it: note tracker is getting some wrong hands for the default notes.

If an opponent 3bets vs. a steal his holdings will appear 3 times: "3bet range", "3bet Blind vs setals" AND "Called 2Bet from blinds range"

Of course the last one is just wrong and quite misguiding. I noticed many opponents with notes like "[P] Called 2Bet from blinds range{KK} (1)" which might lead to big mistakes. In fact, he never called with KK pre but 3bet with it, but the default call 2bet note is getting that hand as well for some reason.



There is an error with Called 2Bet from Blinds range, I will fix it immediately and have it submitted for the next build - but in order for this data to be correct going forward in existing notes you will have to purge your notes. Alternativly you can choose to ignore the error in your old notes knowing that it will be correct in all new notes - but I wouldn't recommend that.

You should however be aware that there will be some crossover between 3Bet range and 3Bet Blind vs Steals range. 3Bet includes ANY 3Bet opportunity (not just in position), hence there will be some duplication with 3Bet Blind vs Steals range when a player 3Bets from the blinds - of course we should note that there must be showdown for the note to trigger. If you wish to alter the 3Bet range so it doesnt include 3Bets from the blinds vs steals you are of course free to do so....

Attached - updated note


Sure thing.

When is the next build to be expected?

About purging, if we purge all the notes can we then just run notetracker again and it will rebuild them?

About the crossover: yeah, I had noticed that and it's absolutely fine.
Erlebnis
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby StevenM » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Erlebnis wrote:
About purging, if we purge all the notes can we then just run notetracker again and it will rebuild them?


Yes, the notes will be rebuilt in the background automatically!
StevenM
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby antneye » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Do you offer full note tracker functionality with PT4, or is it only a limitted subset and a premium to unlock all of it like your competition does?
antneye
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:00 pm

All NoteTracker functionality is included in PT4 at no extra charge.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Note tracker getting hands wrong for one note.

Postby Erlebnis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:07 am

This fix (among others actually) didn't appear on 4.01.3 fix list. Can I assume it's fixed anyway?
Erlebnis
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests