Page 1 of 1

Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 am
by jlevu
I understand that the PT4 graphs include luck adjusted EV, which means it takes into account ICM correct? Does this work with MTTSNGs like 18/45/180 mans? HEM had this feature, but the problem was that it didn't work on any tournament larger than 1 table. If PT4 could make it work, it would be a big advantage over HEM.

Re: Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:14 am
by kraada
These should be working with ICM as long as we know the prize structure of the tournament. Do you have any examples that don't appear right to you?

Re: Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:53 pm
by jlevu
Unfortunately I'm not in the beta. Once you guys release the open beta I'll check it out and let you know. I'm an 18 man grinder and very curious to see how smoothly/accurately it calculates. How is it actually possible? You don't have access to what's going on on the other tables so how can you calculate comparative chip values? Unless you only calculate when you're on the final table, which would be fine.

Re: Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:05 am
by WhiteRider
I think it only works once you get to the final table, for the reason you suggest, but I will have the developer in charge of this verify for you.

Re: Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 pm
by Yogi Rob
jlevu wrote:Unfortunately I'm not in the beta. Once you guys release the open beta I'll check it out and let you know. I'm an 18 man grinder and very curious to see how smoothly/accurately it calculates. How is it actually possible? You don't have access to what's going on on the other tables so how can you calculate comparative chip values? Unless you only calculate when you're on the final table, which would be fine.


Yes, currently the "Net Adjusted" only works with 1 table tournaments. We fully expect to have the ICM system working for MTT SNGs on the final table, exactly as you describe before the official release.

Re: Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:54 pm
by jlevu
Sounds good thanks.

Re: Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:45 am
by jlevu
Just got into the beta and am going to test this out. Did you say it's working now or will be implemented before the official release?

Re: Does luck adjusted EV work with MTTSNGs?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:26 am
by WhiteRider
Yogi Rob wrote:
jlevu wrote:We fully expect to have the ICM system working for MTT SNGs on the final table, exactly as you describe before the official release.

This isn't guaranteed as it depends on other demands, but this is the intention. It isn't implemented yet.