Reporting options: Positive Rows

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Reporting options: Positive Rows

Postby pasita » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Allow the coloring of rows based on BB won, not currency won.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Reporting options: Positive Rows

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:03 am

It seems that that is already the case, although it may vary from report to report I guess..
Which report are you looking at?

2012-04-23 09h02_25.png
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 1069 times
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Reporting options: Positive Rows

Postby pasita » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Results-Overview, Results-Summary-Position as examples.
btw Results-Summary-Starting Hands doesn't seem to color at all.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Reporting options: Positive Rows

Postby pasita » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I think in PT3 this was always about $won, not BBwon? Which was always wrong imo, and now with the new currency conversion stuff you have I could see this be really confusing (you could lose BB, lose in game currency but win in MyC)... coloring by BB is the only right way to go unless you make that selectable.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Reporting options: Positive Rows

Postby kraada » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm

You can never lose in Game Currency and not in My Currency.

Imagine some session where you lost $.01 and you want to convert to the euro. There's no positive real number you can multiply by -.01 (which is how all currency conversions are done) to get a positive number.

Since Game Currency shouldn't mix currency types (you should never see euro tables and dollar tables mixed in one GC stat in a single row), there shouldn't actually be any situations where GC and MC disagree.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Reporting options: Positive Rows

Postby pasita » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Don't really know (or care) how the MyC/game currency stuff and their reporting works exactly but I was thinking of a scenario where I lose one BB ($ table) and win slightly less than one BB (£ table) during a day and look at my results for that day, not separeted by tables. You can end up down in BB, down in chips won but up in real world purchasing power. You can vary that by using (several) different stakes at different currencies. But I don't know how the different reports are supposed to work here, I might very well be wrong.

Anywhoo, please go with BB consistently.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Reporting options: Positive Rows

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:26 am

I found out why I see opposite colouring and it is related to play money. I have written up this issue for the development team to consider - thanks for raising it.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests