Page 1 of 1
Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:12 pm
by bodhisoma
I'm looking at the heatmap in the hand range visualizer, very cool stuff, but why have both + and + be shades of green??
Is there some way to modify this, or some reason it's this way that I'm just missing?
Thanks much in advance!
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:02 am
by WhiteRider
Can you explain what you mean, please?
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 am
by Barlin63
I also posted an request for this sometime ago. I guess it is about the value in the square and the color (shades of green) representing the value in the square. I would love to see that the colors would represent another value then the value in the square.
- BB won or lost in colors from red to green
- differenc from mean in colors from blue to red
See also how HM2 works with Heatmaps.
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 am
by bodhisoma
An example might be shades of red for negative values and shades of green for positive values. Even if the negative starts at -1bb since that's our equity when folding.
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 am
by kraada
Thank you both for the clarification, I will make a note of this request and bring it to the development team at the appropriate time.
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:45 pm
by bodhisoma
Thanks kraada.
As it stands now I'm having a hard time even figuring out what the color means.
At first I thought it was indexed to BB Won, which would be intuitive, but I have two values right next to each other, both almost the same color, one is -12.04bb, the other is +6.65.
Then I thought it might be Hand count since a number of them are completely white, the hands I expect to have no instances (eg: I don't flat 32o OOP) and as near as I can tell, that *is* what the color represents but that seems far less useful than BB Won, doesn't it?
kraada, can you just confirm that color is indexed to Hands?
Thanks!
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm
by kraada
The color depends on what you have picked on the left hand side. If you have Range picked, the darker squares are bigger percentages of your range. If you have Value picked, the darker squares have a higher percentage.
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 pm
by PJs Ronin
here's a left field thought... what about a legend explaining the distribution?
Re: Adjusting Heatmap Color Ranges

Posted:
Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 am
by kraada
The rubric is the same - darker = more of whatever you have selected - but I can see how this might be confusing. I'll mention it to the appropriate people when I get a chance.