Note tracker

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Note tracker

Postby Barlin63 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 am

I tried to play a bit with notetracker but I cannot get it to work.
In the following situation I would like to track the 3Bet card ranges from players when more than 5 players are dealt into the hand.

EXPRESSIONS
[ img ]

TEST RESULTS (Note is made)
[ img ]

HAND VIEW (Only 3 players dealt in the hand)
[ img ]
Barlin63
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Note tracker

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:26 pm

That's odd that looks like that should work to me. Could you export just that one hand and attach it to a support ticket for us and post your ticket number here for me?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Note tracker

Postby PJs Ronin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:32 pm

I was under the impression NoteTracker was not working for tournaments.
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Note tracker

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:56 am

It's working, there just aren't any default note definitions for tournaments yet.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Note tracker

Postby Barlin63 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 am

It does it for all hands. As soon as I add an extra expression like a hand range or number of players it picks every hand. In this example I only took one particular hand. Please give it a try yourself and you will see what I mean.
Barlin63
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Note tracker

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 am

That doesn't seem to be the case for me.
I set up a note definition the same as yours and testing it for the last 100 hands I get 11 hands.

2012-04-28 16h46_19.png
(138.24 KiB) Downloaded 1296 times
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Note tracker

Postby Barlin63 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Ok I tested again and this is what I think that might have happened:

I set the first rule (3Bet) saved everything and tested. Result was ok and I got 8 hands (out of 100) during the “Test” returned. Then I added the second rule and pressed the “Save & Apply Filters” Button and I saw in the screen that the rule (next to the player button was changed). I moved to the test button to test the rule and I got the same results back because apparently you need to press the “Save” button in the Notetracker window first. After saving the rules it worked fine.

So mistakenly and miss-informed I did not follow the logic of the process but I hope you admit that the logic you need to follow is rather confusing. First you hit Apply and save rule and then you need again save it before it is saved and applied. Also the way of activating a rule is very strange. I would think that you can activate and de-activate rules in the “grid” but you can click what you want but nothing happens. Then I noticed a check box below the grid but if you uncheck or check this check box nothing changes unless you press save again. I would suggest that before releasing to a broader audience the logic of this dialog needs to be revised.
Could you also explain the difference between the buttons Player and Opponent? I guess I know what it means but I am not completely sure.
Barlin63
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Note tracker

Postby Barlin63 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Another problem is that if you add (and save) a rule it cannot be found in the drop down box in the Test dialog window. It will only be available if you save and close the window and reopen Notetracker.
Barlin63
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Note tracker

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:40 pm

The need to re-open the window is a known issue, and I agree that the save mechanism is a little confusing to start with - I will reiterate your concerns to the development team.

"Player" applies to actions made by the player that the note is being taken on, and "Opponent" to actions made by another player in the hand.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests