Page 1 of 1

Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:29 am
by 4StarGen
I just wanted to make a stat that list last 3bet sizes, I tried to use the val_p_3bet_size as reference but when I did a double-checked I've noticed a strange behaviour... see the hand below.
It seems not only 3bet are counted.

https://i.imgur.com/shY8AKG.png

https://i.imgur.com/PXBlfnm.png

How can I retrieve the last 3bet size only?

ty

Re: Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:05 am
by Flag_Hippo
4StarGen wrote:I just wanted to make a stat that list last 3bet sizes, I tried to use the val_p_3bet_size as reference but when I did a double-checked I've noticed a strange behaviour... see the hand below.
It seems not only 3bet are counted.

I cannot test your hand or custom statistics from screenshots. The report screenshot is also cropped so I don't know the exact format but assuming it is a custom report you can export it, compress it and then attach the resulting file here which will also include the custom statistics in that report.
4StarGen wrote:How can I retrieve the last 3bet size only?

What do you mean by "last 3bet"? A hand can only have one 3Bet at most.
What do you mean with by "3bet size"? Size in chips? Size in BBs? Size as a percentage of the pot? Size relative to the 2Bet?

Re: Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:19 am
by 4StarGen
Column
Code: Select all
CASE WHEN cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet  THEN (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing)::text ELSE '0' END


Regarding the hand I've posted, I've tested the val_p_3bet_size in a hand report and it shows a wrong number.

Re: Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:08 am
by Flag_Hippo
4StarGen wrote:
4StarGen wrote:Column
Code: Select all
CASE WHEN cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet  THEN (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing)::text ELSE '0' END


Regarding the hand I've posted, I've tested the val_p_3bet_size in a hand report and it shows a wrong number.

Which "wrong" number are you referring to? The 0.76923076923076 for your 'last_3_bet_size' custom statistic or 1 for the 'val_p_3bet' custom statistic? Or both?

This column is for which of the two statistics? Based on the calculations below it's for your 'last_3bet_size' custom statistic so I assume that's the one you are saying is "wrong" and that's all I can check.

In that hand the size of the small blinds first raise (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made) is 10.

The size of the last raise faced (anything using 'facing' is the amount needed to call) by the small blind (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing) is 13 (note - the values wouldn't actually be 10 and 13 in the database since it would be based on chips and not BBs but for the purposes of the calculation the ratio between the two would still be the same).

10 / 13 = 0.76923076923076 (this is the value in your report and correct based on the custom statistic you have created).

You haven't answered my question regarding "size" in my previous reply so I still don't know exactly what kind of "size" statistic you are after or what the "right" number should be. Assuming you want the ratio of the size of the 3bet to the size of the 2bet (10 / 3 = 3.33) then you would need to use cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing instead of cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing.

If you are actually querying the result of your 'val_3bet' custom statistic then we would need the details of that instead. Bear in mind that if you have used some sort of expression from default columns (such as val_p_3bet_size or val_p_3bet_size_x) then those are used for the default statistics 'Preflop 3Bet Size' & 'Preflop 3Bet Relative Size' and those don't actually record an absolute value of 3Bet size since they are grouping stats.

Re: Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:12 am
by 4StarGen
Flag_Hippo wrote:cut


Hey man, really sorry for the quick and aproximative reply above, I was on phone and I haven't done a great job, my apologies

My goal is to build a series of 10 stats that show the 3bet size amount, the last 10 times he did. Ideally I'd like to show not actual size but (3bet size / original size - bb or sb amount) . By subtracting any BB or SB amount I will get the exact multiplier that I want to have.

I've build a stat like this
https://i.imgur.com/DfljXe7.png

with this column
Code: Select all
CASE WHEN cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet  THEN (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing)::text ELSE '0' END

but I'm not getting what I want

Re: Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:09 am
by Flag_Hippo
4StarGen wrote:My goal is to build a series of 10 stats that show the 3bet size amount, the last 10 times he did. Ideally I'd like to show not actual size but (3bet size / original size - bb or sb amount) . By subtracting any BB or SB amount I will get the exact multiplier that I want to have.

I don't know what you mean when you say "original size".
4StarGen wrote:with this column
Code: Select all
CASE WHEN cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet  THEN (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing)::text ELSE '0' END

but I'm not getting what I want

Based on the hand you posted what number are you expecting to see? I covered the calculations for your hand and expression in my previous reply with definitions and specific numbers based on amt_p_raise_facing and alternatively amt_p_2bet_facing (if that's what you need but I still don't know for sure).

Re: Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm
by 4StarGen
Flag_Hippo wrote:
4StarGen wrote:My goal is to build a series of 10 stats that show the 3bet size amount, the last 10 times he did. Ideally I'd like to show not actual size but (3bet size / original size - bb or sb amount) . By subtracting any BB or SB amount I will get the exact multiplier that I want to have.

I don't know what you mean when you say "original size".
4StarGen wrote:with this column
Code: Select all
CASE WHEN cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet  THEN (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing)::text ELSE '0' END

but I'm not getting what I want

Based on the hand you posted what number are you expecting to see? I covered the calculations for your hand and expression in my previous reply with definitions and specific numbers based on amt_p_raise_facing and alternatively amt_p_2bet_facing (if that's what you need but I still don't know for sure).


If 2bettor raises 3BB and BTN 3bets to 9, I want my stat to display 9
If 2bettor raises 3BB and BB 3bets to 9, I still want my stat to display 9

Re: Error with val_p_3bet_size

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:03 am
by Flag_Hippo
4StarGen wrote:If 2bettor raises 3BB and BTN 3bets to 9, I want my stat to display 9
If 2bettor raises 3BB and BB 3bets to 9, I still want my stat to display 9

If you want the 3Bet size in big blinds then divide the size of the 3Bet by the big blind:

Code: Select all
CASE WHEN cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet  THEN (cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / cash_limit.amt_bb)::text ELSE '0' END