Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby c666666 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 am

Hello.
I have a var called var_test with this code:
(live_amt_stack / live_amt_bb)

and I have a simple stat called stat_test with this expression:
var_test

And when I try to show the stat in the hud replaying a hand, it always shows a '-' , and no any number. I tried a lot of things, like make add format_number(this, 0, false, false) to the stat, but nothing.
c666666
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby kraada » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:59 am

If you create your value expression as (live_amt_stack / live_amt_bb) directly, do you see it working in the replayer?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby PeteX » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 am

I'm just struggling with a similar issue and my conclusion is that the live-values do not work with variables. But they do work with columns.

So, first I tried to make a var_cpr like this: (live_amt_bb + live_amt_sb) + (live_cnt_players * live_amt_ante) and then use the var_cpr alone in a tourney stat -> Result is - on the HUD.

Then I created a new column named live_cpr with the exact same formula as above and used live_cpr on the stat -> Result is the correct number on the HUD.

BUT: There is another problem -> It seems that the live-stats are NOT working on popups! At least when I add the built-in stats Live Amt BB and M into HUD stat group, they are ok, but when I add the same stats into a popup group and associate that with my stat group, all I get is - on the popup when showing! This is in the replayer, haven't tried it on a live table.

I have the M/BB work properly on a popup on PT3 but IMO there is a bug in PT4 with this.

(Sorry to hijack the thread but I felt this is relevant)
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby PeteX » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:15 am

Looks like there might some issue with popups and/or live stats in them.

Created a ticket #124498 and attached my tourney test hud with it.
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby kraada » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:35 am

Thank you for this report - we will look into this.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby c666666 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, and my example works fine on PT3, so seems to be a PT4 issue.
c666666
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby kraada » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:56 pm

The live stats work very differently in PT4 than they did in PT3 so that difference is not surprising.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby c666666 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Also, Is possible to know my stack in big blinds in zoom poker? I tried, but without success
c666666
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:33 pm

No - live stats do not work at Zoom tables because there is no concept of the previous hand (specifically, the last hand may not yet have finished so the history wouldn't be written and therefore we don't know how much money you finished the hand with).
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Problem creating a simple variable and stat

Postby pasita » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 pm

PeteX wrote:Then I created a new column named live_cpr with the exact same formula as above and used live_cpr on the stat -> Result is the correct number on the HUD.


You actually got live_cnt_players to work? I made a ticket on that a week ago, there was a query error and it was to be looked at... haven't heard back since.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests